Urgent please: Conservatory half way through, need help before they come back!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Fitters have gone home, they are due back tomorrow to fit the glass.

Looking at it, a few dubious things. I would be grateful if someone could help and confirm my fears please with the rafters to roof.

At Point 1 rafter is 20mm above frame and at Point 2 it is touching frame leaving a triangular gap between frame and rafter. This is the same on the other side. I am worried this is just going to have a cover piece stuck over, hiding it.

At Point 3 and Point 4 the outside rafters are 10mm above the rest of the surrounding seals so the glass won’t sit flush. The middle 4 rafters Point 5 sit correctly.

Thank you.
Snagging.jpg

Sponsored Links
Well you are having a conny fitted, it's not like it's going to get used for anything other than storing stuff.

But I agree with all your points I would have thought they would just fill it all with mastic unless you stand over them and get it fixed.

On a side note, what camera/phone you got cos those pics are really nice, makes everything look fake.

Thanks, iPhone SE, the little one. They chamfered the frame in the end so they sit better, but yes, mastic, trim and expanding foam! Went off site in afternoon, something urgent, so not all glass in yet.

Ask them why the glazing bars have not been seated properly and tell them to rectify it before they fit the glass.

Its your hard earned ...youre the boss.

Sponsored Links
It’s hard to get the front eaves beam trim on when the bars are bolted right down they are usually tightened afterwards (as long as they don’t forget). Still, keep an eye on them though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back