Urgently need a large mitre box

draw a square with equal sides (ie not a rectangle or a parallelogram) and join two corners. You now have a 45 degree angle to the sides of the square. If you cannot work out how to use this to make a mitre box I strongly suggest you put away any power tools or sharp objects and leave the job to someone else.

I had thought about saying that but how will he draw a square

Sponsored Links
i think your right nick. I've never done coving before, so i don't think its worth saving a few bob and messing up. I've called some guys to do the job, i.e £300 which includes materials and fitting.

I'll try to watch and learn from them just incase i plan to do it myself in future.

draw a square with equal sides (ie not a rectangle or a parallelogram) and join two corners. You now have a 45 degree angle to the sides of the square. If you cannot work out how to use this to make a mitre box I strongly suggest you put away any power tools or sharp objects and leave the job to someone else.
I rather suspect that explanation may have gone over the persons head :p

Sponsored Links
I rather suspect that explanation may have gone over the persons head :p

Nah mate, i understand exactly what to do, but its just that i've never attempted to fit a coving ever before, so i want to see how the installers fit it, so in future it's easier for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back