Urinals not working?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently noticed in our pubs gents, the cistern has stopped stopped working; ie,not filling or emptying.

I had a look up there and there's not much to see apart from the water pipe sticking out of the wall with some type of valve attached, there doesnt appear to we any wiring to it(i thought it should do as a always beleived it was on a timer?)

basically i was wodering if there was any explanation for it to stop working, we did have the water off recently but every other appliance still works fine.

and any suggestions/advice on what could be done?

all comments welcome...
cheers

Sponsored Links
Try undoing the screw on the valve on the front and inside you will find another scre open it slowly and you should get water out.

thank you very much for your rapid response,

could you just clarify what you meant to type:

'you will find another scre'

cheers

Laburnum said:
thank you very much for your rapid response,

could you just clarify what you meant to type:

'you will find another scre'

cheers

That is meant to say screw the first one is like a cover for the inside one . If you take the first screw off you will then turn the inside one slowly. Don't have it running to fast .

Sponsored Links
Before you go stripping anything check any stop valves in the gents... Apparently its really fun to turn them off when you're drunk, used to happen all the time when I worked in pubs.

Could be simple as opening a tap under a sink/toilet cistern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back