Urmet entryphone

Reaction score
Country
Albania
Hi all,
I am redecorating my flat, I disconnected the entryphone to make it wasier to strip wallpaper/paint/etc, and stupidly didn't photograph the internal wiring. I thought the terminals/colors would be standard, but apparently not...

It's an Urmet 1130 entry phone, if that helps- I found a data sheet online (http://www.intercomsrus.com/handset pdf/Urmet 1130 Intercom Handset Data Sheet.pdf)

Any advice on how to go about re-wiring it? The cable has 12 cores, ie 6 pairs of wires (blue with white strips/white with blue stripes, green/white pair, orange/white pair, brown/white pair, grey/white pair, red/brown pair).

The blue/white pair both have 'loops' on the bare wire, so must have been in use
Brown/white pair: both have loops
Green/white pair: no loops (so probably unused?)
Orange/blue pair: neither wire has even been stripped, so must be unused
Orange/white pair: the white/orange core has a loop, the orange/white core does not
Grey/white pair: one loop, one not

That leaves me with 6 wires (I think!) to connect to the terminals.
It's a ground floor flat so could I just trial-and-error it with a friend pushing on the buzzer just outside the door, while I touch a wire to each terminal to figure out which is which? Any risk of electrocuting myself if I do this while he is pushing the buzzer....?)

I guess I would start by attaching each wire to terminal 9 ('lock') and seeing if I can successfuly unlock the front door by pressing the unlock button. Does that make sense?

Any help or pointers gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
Go to next flat and ask to take photo of handset wiring.
Then retire handset as per next door then try if it works?
The colour code for the wiring could be any combination ?
Good look !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back