US gun campaigner shot

Sponsored Links
I hope that we vote to remain in the EU!
I hope that the typical Brexiter that exists on here is not representative of the rest of the Brexiters.
If I was a Brexiter, I'd want to deny being amongst the typical wishful gun-toting type that visits this forum.
You've just displayed a not atypical reaction of somebody who thinks firearms should not be allowed to the individual citizen: Anyone who stands up for the right to keep arms must be a gun-slinging wanna-be Wild West cowboy ready to start a gun fight at the drop of a hat, etc.

I believe in the second amendment right to bear arms as a method of self-defense, both against any individual out to do one harm and - as Jefferson observed - as a collective arming of the citizenry as the ultimate defense against tyrannical government.

But for myself, I've never owned a firearm, and I've never even fired one. I think I've held a shotgun about twice in my 50 years (and that was actually years ago back in England). My wife has had slightly more contact since she grew up in a military family, but despite also believing firmly in second-amendment rights she too has never owned a gun personally. We do not have a firearm in the house, nor do we have any particular need or desire to have one.

If that makes us gun-toting types, then I'm a simian's father's brother.....

Sponsored Links
I hope that the typical Brexiter that exists on here is not representative of the rest of the Brexiters.
If I was a Brexiter, I'd want to deny being amongst the typical wishful gun-toting type that visits this forum.
You've just displayed a not atypical reaction of somebody who thinks firearms should not be allowed to the individual citizen: Anyone who stands up for the right to keep arms must be a gun-slinging wanna-be Wild West cowboy ready to start a gun fight at the drop of a hat, etc.
As dorklard and LMB demonstrate, having easy access to a gun provides easy solution to their problem! It's illegal but they don't seem to care much about that.

I believe in the second amendment right to bear arms as a method of self-defense, ... as Jefferson observed - as a collective arming of the citizenry as the ultimate defense against tyrannical government.
So if the government comes aknocking, and you consider them to be tyrannical, it's OK to go out guns blazing.
That'll work! :rolleyes:

But for myself, I've never owned a firearm, and I've never even fired one. I think I've held a shotgun about twice in my 50 years (and that was actually years ago back in England). My wife has had slightly more contact since she grew up in a military family, but despite also believing firmly in second-amendment rights she too has never owned a gun personally. We do not have a firearm in the house, nor do we have any particular need or desire to have one.
That's like saying I support Republicans, but because I've never voted, I can't be called a Republican!

That's like saying I support Republicans, but because I've never voted, I can't be called a Republican!
Now you're talking nonsense - It's nothing like that.

I was just addressing your assertion (fairly typical of those who want guns banned) that anyone who supports the right to bear arms is some sort of gun-toting outlaw who wants to be armed to the hilt etc. It's not true.

Now you're talking nonsense - It's nothing like that.

I was just addressing your assertion (fairly typical of those who want guns banned) that anyone who supports the right to bear arms is some sort of gun-toting outlaw who wants to be armed to the hilt etc. It's not true.
No you weren't. You were clearly and demonstrably supporting the right to bear arms.
Then you claim because you've never owned a gun you can't be categorised as someone who doesn't want legislation against gun ownership. That's nonsense!

Or did you not read this bit:
I use the phrase "wishful gunslingers" to encapsulate those who argue against a ban, legislation, or argue for the right to carry guns.
You must learn to read and understand all of the argument before going off on one!

Last edited:
It's a bloody good job that I don't have a gun in my hand when you say such horrible things . . . . :)

Well that seems to confirm the view I posted back in #15!
Even though I assume the comment was tongue in cheek (indicated by the smiley) - it's still an unwise comment.
I've been a shooter for maybe 40 years, a minority group generally, and comments like that do us no favours....

I'm also in agreement about shooting animals for the sake of it. In all my years it's something I've not done. Clay shooting, target shooting etc, but never hunting or killing animals. Sure, it may be necessary sometimes for legitimate pest control, but it's not for me.

So you admit then that the in/out poll was stupid?
When did I say it wasn't?
Here, you suggested how reliable forum polls are:
I must admit that every forum poll I've seen so far is out.
I've also yet to speak to anyone who wants to stay in. We'll see I suppose...
Only stupid people rely on forum polls.
I didn't say they were reliable, just a comment on what they've shown.

No you weren't. You were clearly and demonstrably supporting the right to bear arms.
Yes.

Then you claim because you've never owned a gun you can't be categorised as someone who doesn't want legislation against gun ownership.
I said no such thing. I said that that I fully support the right to bear arms, but that for myself I have never owned a gun nor, at the moment at least, have any need or desire to do so. Of course if I believe in the right to be armed I would not support legislation which attempted to take away that right.

I use the phrase "wishful gunslingers" to encapsulate those who argue against a ban, legislation, or argue for the right to carry guns.
And as I suggested earlier, that's rather the trick used by many who support firearms prohibitions to try and make it sound as though anyone who supports the right to arms is some kind of "gun nut."

I'm amazed at how many posters on here are supporters of the right to carry firearms.
Do they have the same mindset to carrying knives? Should we all still be wearing swords at our side??

Oh, wait a minute, they're all Brexiters.
Is there a correlation between being a Brexiter and wanting to carry firearms??

Well there certainly seems to be one on this forum.

Without doubt, the most stupid thing you have posted to date on this forum.
Prove it wrong then.
So far all those arguing against legislation and/or freedom to carry/own guns are Brexiters.
That appears to indicate a correlation, at least on this forum.
Hypocrite..

When I said that everyone I have spoken to so far wish to leave the EU, you said that it's not representative of the general population.
But now, because some on here who support leaving the EU may have an interest in shooting, all Brexiters are possibly gun toting hooligans.
There does appear to be a correlation......at least on this forum.
I've included that phrase each time. It's you who has extrapolated it.

There's a lot of members on this forum, so your statement based on but a few was still stupid.
You've been caught saying something stupid Himmy, stop pretending you haven't.
Prove it instead of bland statements.
I can easily prove my assumption, I'd just compile a list of Brexiters and wishful gun-toting posters.
You'd soon notice that probably all the wishful gunslingers would also be Brexiters.
Brexiters:
Slogger, Hawkeye, Dork Lard, jockscott, brigadier, LMB, EFLImpudenace, PBC, Davie Jones. fender, mitch

Wishful gunslingers:
Slogger, Hawkeye, Dork lard, jockscott, bernard green, brigadier, LMB, EFLImpudence, PBC, Davie Jones.

Notice any resemblance in the lists?
A correlation does not suggest a cause nor a 100% mutual relationship, just a possible mutual association.
A bit like comparing Conservatives to tax reduction. Not all Conservatives want tax reduction and not all those wanting tax reductions are conservatives. But there is an obvious mutual association between conservatives and tax reduction!

Allow me to repeat my original observation:
"Is there a correlation between being a Brexiter and wanting to carry firearms??
Well there certainly seems to be one on this forum."
You do post some b o L L o X

Sponsored Links
Back