USA, Second Amendment

Not to mention the arming and destabilising of Cambodia, the continued maiming of civilians in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos due to UXBs.

Laos 1999 - 2008 over 2000 casualties

Cambodia in 1 year alone (2013) 111 casualties
It is estimated to be 40,000 amputees from UXBs

Vietnam 1975 - 2015 over 100,000 casualties from UXBs

These casualty rates create social and socioeconomic consequences.

Then there's the Middle Eastern countries.
You forgot to mention agent Orange.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Correct. One of the USA's greatest embarrassments (ask McNamara) and tragedies.

is McNamara still alive then ?

they pulled out due to the war being un win-able , the press running riot , issues at home

militarily they were never defeated

is McNamara still alive then ?
Press release, excerpts, videos, archives etc are very much alive. Google it. Huge regret from McNamara and a terrible blow for America after losing the war. Much shame heaped upon those that propagated it and sent thousands of Americans to die needlessly. Not to mention those dying in South East Asia - during the war and since.

LBJ - lol.

Press release, excerpts, videos, archives etc are very much alive. Google it. Huge regret from McNamara and a terrible blow for America after losing the war. Much shame heaped upon those that propagated it and sent thousands of Americans to die needlessly. Not to mention those dying in South East Asia - during the war and since.

LBJ - lol.

i have numerous books and mags on the vietnam war

complete box set of videos on it from that walter ?? kronkite ?? think thats the bloke

The USA was never militarily defeated in vietnam ( as such)

all sorts of factors came into play , civil rights , the likes of Jane Fonda and the fall out from the Nixon / water gate caper

burning the draft card campaign , national guard shooting and killing several students at a university

press roaming freely around the place , the US were un able to control them and learnt a lesson from that

Me too. I also have the complete set of 'Nam' magazines.

They lost - get over it.

we will agree to disagree

the USA lost , but were never militarily defeated , it never happened

get over it

i have them mags as well

Last edited:
Does retreat/withdrawal/giving up not count as defeat?

no does not constitute a military defeat imo

I dont think the US ever lost a battle in Vietnam ( un like the French)

The vietnamese won the propaganda war , but they were also responsaible for countless atrocities commited on there own people

but they never had a press core documenting what they did and beamed live on CNN

we will agree to disagree

the USA lost , but were never militarily defeated , it never happened

get over it
It was viewed as a huge loss especially when you consider all the lives lost, money spent defending against communism, only to see the Viet Cong and the Peoples Army victoriously marching into Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon).

It was viewed as a huge loss especially when you consider all the lives lost, money spent defending against communism, only to see the Viet Cong and the Peoples Army victoriously marching into Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon).

marching in because the USA left

viewed yes

by which time the viet cong had been side lined;)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back