Use of Dry-Flex on corner of window frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to repair the bottom corner of a casement window rail which has rotted. Having used many different types of filler in the past (including 2-stage), all of which split away from the wood after a few weeks, I wonder if Dry-Flex would be a better bet. It seems quite tricky to apply, and I am only a moderately competent DIY-er so I would be interested in peoples' experiences with it. The job is complicated by the fact that part of the corner of the frame has crumbled, so I am almost building a new corner for the frame, rather than just filling a hole. The joint is basically sound though. Any thoughts appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hello jon92. I am the MD for Repair Care Ltd, the Company that manufactures DRY FLEX. If you contact us on 01827 302517, I can check you have the right products and tools for the job and arrange to send you a DVD with full instructions. Like most things, preparation is key. After that application and finishing is quite easy. The repair you describe is achievable with our products, as they certainly perform far better than a two-pack filler. Once applied correctly, you will get a permanent, durable, flexible repair. Regards Matt Williamson

That's kind of you Matt, thanks. I will give you a call.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back