Used Car Spec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son has found a used corsa he likes from a vauxhall main dealer however the car was advertised as having a heated front screen but it s not on the car. What are his rights with regard to this?

Sponsored Links
He hasnt bought it yet by the way. Was going to ring garage tomorrow.

Why none, surely it's a misrepresentation of the goods. Dont items have to be as they are described.

Sponsored Links
They'll say it's a mistake, which it probably is. Oops sorry, we'll remove that from the description. I don't know how that happened..

Last edited:
I know but under consumer rights an item should be as described. If you bought it then found the issue you would be able to reject it because of that.

I know but under consumer rights an item should be as described. If you bought it then found the issue you would be able to reject it because of that.
But you haven’t bought it so consumer rights won't apply to you! Are you proposing to buy it and then reject it? Look elsewhere for one with a heated screen if it’s a deal-breaker.

It's all sorted now, my son got the deal he wanted and it was the car he wanted out of all the ones weve seen so as long as he is happy. Thanks all.

Well that was a storm in the proverbial teacup . Sonic 70, do you go around complaining that not all the goods in Poundshops are not all one pound ?

Well things should be as they are described. In the end it was my sons choice, his money. Isnt this forum for asking questions on stuff we are not 100 per cent sure of. I am always respectful to other posters mountainwalker.

Sponsored Links
Back