Useful Method of connecting Hot Water Cylinder Elements.

crafty1289 said:
OH MY GOD why the hell did this thread turn into a PART P DEBATE???? The OP was a spark (i think) fitting a couple of sockets for his
immersion heaters. Then plugwash mentioned PART POO.

the original topic title was "clever way of getting arround part P" or words to that effect. It was edited later (i dunno if it was by the mods or the original author though).

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
The whole electrics UK is turning into a PART P MINEFIELD nowadays! Please can we LET IT REST???? and let electrical advice prevail,
instead of polluting the place with mass debates about part p.
As long as you are sure, particularly given the recent prosecutions, that everybody asking electrical questions knows enough about the law to make an informed decision about whether to obey it or not.

ban-all-sheds said:
crafty1289 said:
The whole electrics UK is turning into a PART P MINEFIELD nowadays! Please can we LET IT REST???? and let electrical advice prevail,
As long as you are sure, particularly given the recent prosecutions, that everybody asking electrical questions knows enough about the law to make an informed decision about whether to obey it or not.
a quick mention of "do you know the law regarding electrical work and building regs" with a link to your explanation, ban, would suffice, it doesn't need to be a debate.

and i didnt see the original title to this thread. my previous post in this thread may have therefore been a little uninformed. apologies! ;) :LOL:

Thought that explanation was supposed to be made a sticky. They got loads of stickies on plumbing. why cant we have some more stickies on electrics uk? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
crafty1289 said:
What prosecutions? That's the first I've heard that there have been any!

Cheers,

Howard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back