Useless Bath Overflow kit ....

GRC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just fitted a bath for someone, and, with reservations, I fitted the supplied waste/overflow kit; I'm sure you know the kind of thing - self-assembly, with the overflow tube a ribbed, semi-rigid tubing, with instructions to 'warm the ends, and push over the o-rings on the spigots'.

Now I have to admit that the o-rings barely protruded over their grooves on the spigots, and I thought - "Naw, they'll never do" and substituted slightly larger o-rings. This made it a bit of a struggle to get the tubing on, but got there eventually. However, it still leaked.

I shouldn't have substituted the o-rings, I know, but also I should have stuck to my guns and insisted to my 'customer' that we substituted a proper, all-in-one fitting. Certainly will next time.

However, why don't the manufacturers ALL supply these things as sealed units? It can't be that much more expensive to heat-bond the tubing onto the overflow and waste fittings, surely?

If I can find some flexible tubing of the right size, I'm thinking of using that with a couple of jubilee clips around the spigots on the overflow and waste.

Regards, Graham

Sponsored Links
I assemble wastes and overflows with silicone and they never let-by

ah.gif

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back