Useless Cable on Baxi (w. pics)?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks,
I'm usually in the electrical section but nipped over here to see if you can help me with something. I've got an old boiler in my house (queue the wife jokes), which is a Baxi FS501OF (it also has FS501SOF on it). Coming from the LP722 control panel there are three white cables going to a junction box and marked from left to right (as we look at it in the picture) 2,3 and 1.

I know the grey twin and earth joining 2 (left) goes to the pump and number 1 (right) goes to the boiler; but what is number 3 (middle) doing? When the central heating is on number 3 is dead but when the heating is off it shows a voltage ranging from 50 to 110 volts. Worryingly it just seems to go straight into a wall about 2 metres away and disappears. There's nothing in the area it's going to that needs this power as far as I can see. The area is a old outhouse that is now the far end of a kitchen extension. If it's doing nothing can I safely disconnect it?

Regards,
Anthony

Sponsored Links
Hiya Chris, thanks for replying. Unfortunately I can't open the links. Also I've no idea what system I've got I'm afraid! Electricity I'm okay with; boilers not a scooby! How would I find out what kind of motorised valve I had?

Play with them then...!
try
http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/catalogu.htm#SECTION 2- Sundial Plans

2 port or 3 port.
Here's a 3 port:
3portcolour.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back