Using 30amp old shower supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have had my old shower removed and pulled the cable back to the fuse board . Can i pull it through the wall and add a garage distribution board which will supply two sockets , and a light .
I am capable of doing it . question can i do it ?????????????????????

Sponsored Links
You can, but it will be notifiable under Part P of the building regulations (as you're adding new final circuits) so you'd have to tell your LABC in advance and pay their notification fee, which may end up costing more than getting a professional spark (who can self certify) in to do the work for you...

• //www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:part-p
  • For a circuit to supply a <thing> (doesn't matter what), how would you go about deciding what cable and protective device to use?
  • Do you understand how the way in which you install cables affects how much current they can carry?
  • What are the rules concerning cables concealed in walls, partitions and under floors?
  • Which circuits must be RCD protected?
  • Explain what tests you would carry out on the installation - please cover the sequence you'd do them in and at what point you would energise the installation, and for each test explain what is being measured, why it is important, how you would carry out the test, and with what equipment, and what sort of results you would expect to get if everything was OK.

Sponsored Links
You can, but it will be notifiable under Part P of the building regulations (as you're adding new final circuits) so you'd have to tell your LABC in advance and pay their notification fee, which may end up costing more than getting a professional spark (who can self certify) in to do the work for you...
Doncaster Council currently quote £100 for small works and £300 for rewires, under their LABC charges.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back