Using a close coupled cistern on a low level pan . .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having read through as many previous posts as my eyes will allow I see I am not alone in my conundrum . . .in fact a guy in the local plumbers shop reckoned that 70 % of his customers have similar probs - that is: waste pipe in florr too damn far from wall to fit a close coupled toilet.

mine is A LONG way from the wall - about 280 mm. its cast iron and I'm definitly not going to attempt to move it. I've spent a few week slooking for a suitable solution but nothing is ideal . . . there are very few 'nice looking' level cisterns on the market, especially ones that have a duel flush mechanisim. My latest plan involves attempting to use a close coupled cistern on a low level pan - the cistern is small - 6 litres I think, but it should have a bit more head when fixed to the wall. Obviously I will have to plug the two holes in the cistern that would normally hold it onto its close coupled pan . .

anyone tried this combination? worth a try or am I asking for problems?

many thanks

Huey

Sponsored Links
Why not use a low level cistern with the low level pan. Flush pipes are about 18" or 24" I think. Or a close coupled toilet set with boxing built behind it?

I already tiled the wall and the bathroom is tiny so don't want to box ina cistern - and can't find any decent low level cisterns . . . all see to be really dated . . .any reccomendations?

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back