Using a different power lead?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I bought a cheap mini projector from Amazon a couple of years back. (I recommend them you can have an 8x4 screen for about £40). Haven't used it for a year and can't find the power lead. The one from a PlayStation 2 seems to work when I tried of for a few seconds but I thought I'd ask if there could a problem if I use it for longer? It's the sort that goes in a radio/cassette player.
It's v important. I've promised the 5 year old he can watch Star wars for the first time ever.

Sponsored Links
There are lots of different names for these, but in the trade we used to call these "figure-of-8" cables. That's because if you look at the connector end-on it looks something like a number 8.

II it fits without use of excessive force then it'll do just fine.

There are lots of different names for these, but in the trade we used to call these "figure-of-8" cables. That's because if you look at the connector end-on it looks something like a number 8.

I always knew these as a 'telefunken' mains lead. I think they are also called a 'C7' by our European friends?

Sponsored Links
I always knew these as a 'telefunken' mains lead. I think they are also called a 'C7' by our European friends?

Blimey Telefunken....that's a blast from the past.....proper best quality West German made tellies they were. The 28 inch colour with remote control in the big wooden cabinet was THE telly to have in the early 70's. My grandmothers friend had one. I loved going round hers on a saturday morning to visit with me nan (her husband died in an industrial accident and she got compo....that's how she could afford a Telefunken). I always got a can of pop (all to myself...no going halves with my sister), a packet of Spangles and watched Tiswas in colour. Thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

Then reality kicked in when I got home and turned on the old PYE black and white tv.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back