Using fingers as a handbrush. DER!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sweeping up rubbish on old floorboards using my fingers as a hand brush! Wood splinter about and inch and a half long straight under my thumb nail and under the cuticle. Trust me. painful. Put my hand in the freezer to num it and then pulled splinter out with some long nosed pliers.

How about this one then. You will like this! Taking off some old tiles from a wall using a gauging trowel. Moving very quickly most tiles came off whole. Some broke and i thought i had a good technique going until on one tile instead of trowel going behind tile it skidded across the front. Did not notice immediately but a broken tile had completely taken my knuckle off and it was only when i saw the blood going up the wall and ceiling that i realised something not quite right here.

Keep them coming every one!

Sponsored Links
a tiler friend of mine was using the tile cutting machine, must have slipped because the next thing i know he'd cut off his big toe, ouch

A plumber friend of mine was fitting a new boiler and he used a step ladder from the house owner to lift it in its higher position, the ladder (old and wooden) couldn't hold the weight and he tried to keep it upright but ended up falling down with it. Him and the boiler went down together with the boiler's edges landing on his hands, lets just say his hands haven't looked quite right since!!

Slipped with power plane, now one side of my finger is very square.
Brand new hand saw, first drive into timber and blade jump out down centre of left thumb giving me two thumb nails for a while [managed to just avoid hitting bone].
Dropped a steel trap door on my foot crushed big toe, resulting trapped blood causing pain so I slit toe with scalpel to release pressure and pulled dead toe nail with my leatherman.
Pushing fluescent tube from packaging , pushed too hard and thumb went thru glass lacerating thumb.
Not accident prone , honest!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back