Using floor laminate on conservatory walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
Newbie here
We no longer find bare brick in our conservatory attractive
In b&q there are some flooring wood laminates. They look like parquet flooring and I am thinking of covering my walls with this. Putting foil insulation up first again they have these in stock. . Then 2 battens along the wall . And brad pinning the panels to these lat’s. Cutout the small points in the tongue and grooves. So they fit ok
Do you think this will be ok or am I missing something.
The effect will be square blocks along the wall . My walls are 900mm to windowsill.
Also with using the foil insulation mats will this help warmth and cold variation extremes as well. I do use the conservatory as a room all year round.
Any comments or advice please.
Thanks
Geoff

Sponsored Links
When laying laminate floor a gap has to be left round the room to allow the floor to expand and contract as temperatures and humidity levels change. I'd be wondering what will happen to it from being nailed to battens and restraining movement, given the big temperature differences it would experience in a conservatory it would expand and contract a fair bit.

If the area to be covered is rectangular how about fixing a framework, the same thickness as your laminate, to the wall around all the outer edges where you intend to board. Using the tongue & grooves on the board 'lay the flooring' on to the framework. Basically like tiling a wall with flooring, however, leave a 10mm gap at each side and 15mm along the top edge. Then fit a retaining strip all around the edges to keep the laminate in place. It may help to fit temporary pieces of lipping as you progress laying the boards then fit the final one when all the boards are in place.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. I have been looking at easipanel from Homebase. But you have given me an alternative. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back