Using gripit fixings on a double plasterboarded wall

Thank you for the reply. One of the shelves is actually held up by the Gripits and I'm happy it's secure enough. I have no doubt I'll be using the rest of them for other projects I have lined up around the house.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi David. Sorry to hear you ran into trouble putting up your shelf.

It is possible to use our fixings with double thickness or insulated plasterboard, dot and dab, or in fact any situation where the board is over 15mm thick. But you’d need to use our undercutting tool to create space for the wings to unfold.

Sounds like we’re a bit late this time but hopefully you’ll give us another chance in future.

I do not wish to be rude because I think your product is a good one, but by the time the average joe public has bought the fixings and the undercutting tool it makes the cost too expensive in my opinion.

Sponsored Links
I always go over the top me 8mm screwed bar into brick then cemfix nowts moving lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back