Using "One Shot" Drain Cleaner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following advice in another post on this forum, I've just bought a bottle of "One Shot".

I'm interested in the reason why they say, "For best results,use early in the morning". What's the reason behind this ?

I'm trying to clean a ground floor cloakroom toilet pipe which is smelling. The only way to administer the cleaner is into the water in the bowl. The instructions say to remove as much of the water as possible, with a cup. Why do this, when I will be flushing the toilet to flush the One Shot down the drain !

What is the best way to administer the One Shot to clean my toilet pipe ?

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
You need to ask why is it smelling. If there is water in the pan, this makes a seal so that foul smells from the sewer can't get into the room.

One shot may (sometimes) get rid of blockages but not smells

Whatever you use, if you subsequently get someone round to have a look, be sure to tell them exactly what has already gone down the toilet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back