Blocked loo

Sponsored Links
Thank you all for your replies. The water hasn't fully gone down since I last flushed it about 11 hours ago. It's getting there though. There is no visible blockage. The water in my sink and bathtub is draining away fine. Are they connected to the same waste pipe as the loo? I'm trying to figure out if the blockage is actually in the toilet. Thanks.

Did you had a over the rim fresher?

Do you own your flat or rent?

If you can't do it, best call a plumber, might need to remove toilet pan to clean out and check what is causing the blockage.

Daniel.

Did you had a over the rim fresher?

Do you own your flat or rent?

If you can't do it, best call a plumber, might need to remove toilet pan to clean out and check what is causing the blockage.

Daniel.
no over the rim freshener. I rent the flat. I'm pretty certain the wipes are causing the blockage.

Sponsored Links
The landlord must have a key, what if he needs access in an emergency, he will be registered as a keyholder, it's part of his licence, where he needs to identify his properties.

Don't eat any curry while you're waiting for Mr Postman :)

All sorted. My friend went to DIY store and got me an Am tech plunger. A red corrugated one. Blockage cleared after about 15 mins of pumping. Thanks to all of those who left helpful replies!

Learn a lesson, do not put wipes down the toilet! They don't break down, instead causing further problems down the line, blocking drains and jamming up pumps.

The strength of those wipes is unbelievable, I've seen large 4" sewage pumps jammed solid with the wretched things, which then causes the pump to fail, sewage to overflow and the environment gets polluted. This then costs everyone long term in their water bills due to the amount that's spent every year cleaning rubbish like that from the network, and paying the fines (6 figure sums!) for pollution incidents! :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back