Blocked loo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping some lovely person on here will be able to advise me. I live in an apartment and have a blocked toilet. The water disappears eventually...just takes a couple of hours. I can still see bits of tissue in the bowl once the water has gone. The problem seems to have gotten worse since I put a wire down the u-bend.The wire wasn't too long, so not sure how far down it went. Some wet wipes were flushed down, causing the blockage. I've been putting bleach down the toilet and using a toilet brush to get some of the wet wipes out. I've pulled a few out. I have a bottle of One Shot. I will flush the toilet a few more times before using One Shot as I'm scared that the two chemicals will react. Has anyone used One Shot to unblock a toilet before?

Sponsored Links
i would if i had one. I've been to so many shops looking for one, but they only sell small ones. I don't have a mop either, so I can't use one of those to plunge. :( I'm seriously stressed out about the issue.

B&Q, screwfix, Wicks, tool station almost any DIY/ hardware shop or plumbers merchant.

As you say, if not, a mop with a bag tied around the end

Sponsored Links
Wait till it empties then pour a bucket of water down from as high as you can manage, might need to do it a few times. If this clears it, flush a good few times before you do a number 2 again.

B&Q, screwfix, Wicks, tool station almost any DIY/ hardware shop or plumbers merchant.

As you say, if not, a mop with a bag tied around the end
thanks. I work full-time and can't to one of those shops. Guess I could order online. Won't get delivered quickly though.

Wait till it empties then pour a bucket of water down from as high as you can manage, might need to do it a few times. If this clears it, flush a good few times before you do a number 2 again.
tried this. I think it's the wipes, not a number 2 that's blocking the loo. Thanks for the suggestion.

The shops are open at times you can still go to even if you work full time!
To fix it, you need to make time to fix it!

The shops are open at times you can still go to even if you work full time!
To fix it, you need to make time to fix it!
I appreciate what you're saying, but I rely on public transport and work in a different town. I commute for 3 hours a day. I can't get to the stores before they shut and can't take time off at the moment. Going on a weekend or ordering online is different - I can do that. There is a Robert Dyas near my workplace. They didn't have big enough plungers but suggested I use one shot drain cleaner.

I have a bottle of One Shot. I will flush the toilet a few more times before using One Shot as I'm scared that the two chemicals will react. Has anyone used One Shot to unblock a toilet before?

Woooaaahhh DO NOT use One Shot if you've used bleach...They will react extremely badly and release chlorine gas which is highly toxic

B&Q are open 7am to 8pm, can you not get there between those times?

I have a bottle of One Shot. I will flush the toilet a few more times before using One Shot as I'm scared that the two chemicals will react. Has anyone used One Shot to unblock a toilet before?

Woooaaahhh DO NOT use One Shot if you've used bleach...They will react extremely badly and release chlorine gas which is highly toxic

B&Q are open 7am to 8pm, can you not get there between those times?
Yep, that's what I thought. I've flushed the loo a few times since I put the bleach in. Will that not have flushed the bleach away? I can't get to b&q between those times.Thanks for the info though.

Don't waste your money on one shot. Its good for traps/wastes that are blocked with soap and the like but won't shift wipes. Try the mop in a bag as already suggested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back