Using paving sand removed from Block paving in Clay soil beds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just removed about 100kg of paving sand from cleaning a block paving drive. I can of course dispose of it at a local disposal site, but I have some Beds with heavy clay soil. would it be OK to dig this paving sand into these beds. I know the norm is to use sharp sand but disposing of this paving sand would be far more convenient.

Sponsored Links
I'd be wary of doing that unless you know it's never been exposed to pathclear type weedkillers...

Good Point Chud, never thought of that. I am pretty sure Pathclear hasn't been used but maybe in small areas several years ago. Do you think Pathclear residues would be washed through after say a year or does this stuff linger?
Judging from your advice, I think disposal is the safest thing to do.
Thanks so much for your advice.

I've no idea how long it lasts but you might find residues would stunt or hamper growth even if they don't kill outright.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice. It's not really worth the chance to use it so I will now dispose of the sand at the local disposal site.
Thanks again for your advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back