Using plastic pushfit on central heating loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I am looking to put in a new radiator in the downstairs hallway. I am intending to freeze the pipework to save myself draining the system and having to touch some of the older rad valves which i think my cause problems. I am going to tee off flow and return using speed fit connections and plastic pipe. The thing that concerns me though is putting pushfit and plastic in the central heating loop. Firstly will the plastic inserts inhibit the flow around the system, particularly if used on 15mm reducing the pipe diameters, or will this be negligible? Printed on the plastic pipe it states that the pipe should not be used on the last 1 metre before the boiler, does this imply that the plastic stuff, JG or otherwise is not suitable for high temperatures??

Cheers any comments appreciated

Plastic Amateur :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Inserts to not limit the flow around the system; there is no flow around the system, nor is there a loop. Out the boiler, in the flow pipe, in the rad, out the rad, in the return pipe, back into the boiler.

Inserts are only used in plastic pipe.
Different pipes have different specs: your product must be able to resist at least the maximum temperature of your boiler at 3 bar.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back