Using radiator reflector foil on my conservatory roof to reflect heat...

Yeh an extension would be much better but I don’t want to pay for one

Sponsored Links
Sorry - late night physics brain is currently unavailable! It would certainly work better if you lay it on the outside.

Thanks. I thought so too. Although ppl seem to be putting it on the inside or greenhouses

I bought a load of those split cane blinds that roll up on themselves like this (but cheaper)
https://www.overstock.com/Home-Gard...fccid=DXR2ZYA5JHE3KXKBWIPYVGYXRQ&searchidx=16

my conservatory is a lean too, with three roof panels running away from the house, it's about 3 M deep

I cut the blinds in length and width. They fit between the rafters, and each of the 6 blinds is equal to half the run.
I sewed small rings onto the blind on one side, about every 100-150mm
Then ran a pair of tensioned wires parallel to the rafters.

The blinds run down the roof/up the roof to meet in the middle. I fitted magnetic catches so the click together.

They work well holding the heat back and are easy to open/close but it was a lot of work, not hard, but time consuming and new skills

You are better to stop the heat getting in though.

What do you guys think of this idea?

I think its a good one, very cheap solution too. I just don't know how i'm going to keep the foil in place so that if there are heavy winds or rain, it doesnt get detached.

You can build a low weight metal/plastic roof with timber to replace your conservatory roof.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back