Using sealer and self levelling compound to get of old adhesive smell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello members,

I have an extension/utility that has a terrible smell coming from it. I dug up the old vinyl flooring which must have been down for 20+ years at least and found the smell is coming from the old adhesive, which was still gooey/sticky. Thought it would have gone off after all this time. I scraped off as much adhesive off the concrete floor as I could, but the smell of it is still there.

One trades man has advised to put a sealer down, then a layer of self-levelling compound. He advised the sealer needs to be tacky and not left to dry first, before laying the self-levelling. Is this correct or should the sealer be left to dry first? If so, how long does it take for the sealer to dry? Can whole job be done in one day for an area covering 410cm x 220cm?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back