Using Sentinel X400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I drained my CH system at the weekend and refilled with Sentinel X400 as this process was recommended by the engineer who carried out the last service (sludge build up has partially blocked a rad).

At the same time, I removed the affected rad and flushed using the garden hose. This rad now seems to be operating fine. I also cleaned the header tank (full of brown gunge).

A few questions as I am a novice at this.

(1) Do I leave X400 in for four weeks or six weeks? There seems to be conflicting advice.

(2) Additionally, do I need to vibrate or whack each radiator with rubber mallet to dislodge any sludge or will the solution do this own its own?

(3) Finally, when I drain down to refill with X100. Do I just drain down or do I need to run the head tank for a while with hose connected to a radiator? I need to drain all downstairs radiators individually as they are all on same level. There is no drain below boiler and all downstairs radiators have a drain valve.

Thanks in advance,
Drewb

Sponsored Links
Follow the manufactures instructions when using x400.
I would take off each rad and do the same as you did with the other rad this will guarantee a lot less sludge circulating for the x400 to deal with.
It certainly wouldn't hurt to flush the system through by leaving the hose pipe attached.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back