Using steam mop on Amtico

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We have Amtico LVT laid in our kitchen/diner. It's been down about a year. Can you use a steam mop on Amtico LVT that is glued down? I understand to remove damaged tiles you heat them so slightly concerned the steam mop may damage the integrity of the LVT but maybe just overworrying?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
amtico say no but if you move it over the Lvt quickly you will be fine.

Agreed, I have used them on our Amtico without any problems.

With regards to lifting Amtico using heat, from memory, the last time that I had to do that, I set my gun at 120 degrees centigrade, which is hotter than a steam mop. I also used a wide but narrow nozzle and had to repeatedly go over the strip that I wanted to lift.

I went to look at a customers Amtico floor a few weeks ago that had a steam mop used on it (customer was'nt aware and had had it a number of years before seeing a demo on a shopping channel) and that was a mess!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back