Amtico & Karndean versus B&Q...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I know there's been a few discussions here about Amtcio, Karndean and other Luxury Vinyl Tile floor companies. I want to put LVT in my bathroom, which is only about 6 sq m, and have been quoted over £600 for Amtico, circa £500 for Karndean. That's just way out of my budget. Just been to B&Q and found they do a self-adhesive LVT for £11 a square metre (link below). Am very tempted to use this instead, also I reckon I could do the fitting myself. I'll use a good quality ply and feather-finish all joints and nail holes. I have read the reviews and I understand from others who've used the B&Q stuff that their "self-adhesive" thing doesn't work well, and that you need to add extra LVT adhesive. But that's OK, with the amount I'm saving I don't mind buying a decent adhesive.
Normally I steer well clear of B&Q but this is tempting. What I wanted to know is - does anyone out there have any experience of B&Q's own LVT?
https://www.diy.com/departments/col...-effect-vinyl-plank-0-97-m-pack/863636_BQ.prd
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi, yes I have experience of it and have gotten got rid of it. If you do go with it make sure any nail/screw heads are completely flush/flat if not they will show through the vinyl planks after a period of time, another problem I experienced was gaps appearing between the ends which were butted up tight when I installed it, also if you get one that has a wood effect texture to it as far as i am concerned it is not nice to walk on in bare feet. Hope this helps in your decision

I found out on this forum that QuickStep do vinyl flooring (planks).

Might be a happy medium cost/ quality wise?.

Thanks. Actually since posting my message I have already started to go off the B&Q LVT. I have a box of it here, along with a big sample of Amtico. Have just done a "slip test" (tried sliding on both samples, in socks!). The B&Q stuff is far more slippery than the other two. Might have a look at the Quickstep stuff now.

Sponsored Links
Quickstep Livyn is a great LVT. Not cheap though. Have a look at Luvanto , Polyflor Camaro or J2 flooring.
All of them a decent with low price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back