Using wall lights only in a loft (ie no ceiling lights)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have clean slate in a mid terrace Victorian loft conversion. Originally I wanted to put in recessed down lights but have since discovered it's not recommended for a cold flat roof with Celotex. I'm considering wall lights only. Has anyone done this or have any examples? The finished ceiling height is around 2100mm. It's a dormer conversion and will have a bathroom so main area will be L shaped with a sloping ceiling to the dwarf wall.

Sponsored Links
You can get LED fittings that are surface mounted and only 12mm deep. They can also be flush mounted, so only the thickness of plasterboard.....

Great, thanks for that, sounds interesting. Do you have any names or a link? Presumably there shouldn't be any insulation above the luminaire?

Sponsored Links
That's the ones I was going to recommend, although on second read it cannot be surface mounted.

Not sure if it requires any ventilation, maybe give LED Hut a call, they are pretty good with advising.

Thanks guys. LED hut say if the roof isn't designed for recessed lights then don't use them, go for surface mounted. I liked the slimline ones but can't seem to find nice surface mounted ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back