UVPC Door Hinge Adjustment - Quick Question

Sponsored Links
the small grub screw holds the pin in position, if you want to remove the door sash from the frame remove it. The 2 large screws on the side of the hinge are adjustments left and right. just watch as these are usually really soft metal and will chew if you don't use a proper sized screw bit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Bullet, great answer! And thanks for the warning on the soft metal screws :D
just one question what do you mean by the 'door sash'?

The door sash is the 'leaf' or the 'slab' or in simpleton terms the bit that swings :D , the screws should have a dot on them to easily see if they are all in the same position, also use a proper fitting screwdriver as an ill fitting one or even a cordless drill will chew the heads, incidentally the screws only turn 180 degress not right round and they give you about 5mm sideways movement in that 180 degree turn

Nice one, thanks Crank - simpleton terms are probably best for me!

Last question! Should you adjust each pair of screws equally?

No not at all, a lot depends on how the frame was fixed, whether its settled etc etc, using the hinges all independantly brings the door back inline with the frame if needed

Top bombing! Thanks to everyone who's posted a reply.

This info has made me feel like a have a slight clue what i'm doing now! Quick, clear replies, I like it! This really is a great site! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back