v5 logbook query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

bought a car a few weeks ago, the seller gave me the green part (V5C/2) sent off the other parts to dvla...i am about to sell the car, what shall i tell buyer about the logbook, as it hasnt come back from dvla yet, ive got the green bit which has my name and address on it, shall i give him that ?ta

Sponsored Links
What's your reason for not asking the DVLA what to do?

Sponsored Links
yes, give him the green bit, he can then tax it if need be, it will not get him a new log book, a quick letter in the post will sort that,

the man with the green bit has every right to tippex it and fill in appropriately(sp) with no probs.

yes, give him the green bit, he can then tax it if need be, it will not get him a new log book, a quick letter in the post will sort that,

the man with the green bit has every right to tippex it and fill in appropriately(sp) with no probs.

cheers fella...thats what the dvla bloke said...i gave the green bit to the new owner, itold him to tippex the name off and put his details so he can get tax it...i got the dvla blokes name and reference number just to protect myself and told him that i have sold the car....he said the logbook will come in my name to my address then all i have to do is write a letter explaining the sale and also a copy of the sale receipt and send the logbook back to us....and thats its..

Back