'Vaccine' shortage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
According to some it was apparently only an EU issue...

"NHS warns UK will face ‘significant reduction’ in vaccine supplies for four weeks from 29 March. Appointment bookings shut down for all of April because of drop in stocks from manufacturers"

But then I guess that's what happens when you set up a system whereby you have to rely on international production and are treated as a 'third country'
:rolleyes:

Although there are reports that there is a need to re-test a large batch of the 'vaccine'. I wonder why? Safety issues?

And what's the betting that the 'lockdown easing' will get delayed?

And given the hint that getting the 'jab' might become a regular requirement to achieve the 'new normal', how long before 'vaccines' become even more of a traded 'commodity'?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Do you have any links that the "jab" might become a regular requirement as I heard someone mention something along the lines that some variations are resistant to the current vaccines

Well the EU has taken to attacking the UK as they have made it quite clear they are unhappy with our progress, so in order to spite us they will be stopping exports of the Pfizer vaccine.

The EU appear to hold the UK responsible for a private companies failure to deliver, of which the UK has had no control over.

And seeing as most of the EU aren't even utilising the AZ vaccine they do have at present, it makes it all the more petty.

We have another couple of factories gearing up, but they are yet to be signed off by the medical association, and aren't due to come online until I think I remember around September, not sure now I can't find the link. Once they come.online the plan is to send the surplus vaccine produced around the world to where it is needed.

I wouldn't have thought that the EU would legally be able to hold us responsible nor interfere with civil contracts - they can't just take products from a company and dictate who gets what

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't have thought that the EU would legally be able to hold us responsible nor interfere with civil contracts - they can't just take products from a company and dictate who gets what

Yeah they can,

Part of law they can size control of assets and ip almost at a moment's notice in instances of crisis. The protocol was last used in the 70's and the oil crisis.

Ursula made it quite clear in her speech that her main aim was to stop the vaccines from reaching the UK because as yet our only AZ factory hasn't supplied the EU with any vaccines. Yet their factories (only Pfizer I might add) have sent us 8 million doses so far. And the EU want to level up the vaccine rate.

Off topic but interesting read none the less

Do you think that's anything to do with the reason that we're now going to have shortages

If this really was a crisis of biblical proportions . . . Do you not think that every suitable manufacturing facility would already have been pressganged.

It hasn't because it isn't.

The delay is due to production issues in AZs partner in India. U.K. plant is still producing 2m a week. The impact is 40-49 year olds (my age group) over 50s can now book vaccines.

we have had a rapid rise in testing since schools went back and cases have risen a little, but we have to wait a few more days to work out if it’s the start of a new wave or if it’s just testing increases.

What "law?"

Don't be a tool John.

It is written in EU law that should things become desperate and they need to commondere factories then they can do they all have to agree to it but they can.

That's not the exact wording but that's the just of it.

If it wasn't law they wouldn't be able to do it.

Don't be a tool, sx.

Have you ever seen this law? What is it?

Do you mean it has been passed by Parliament into British law?

I believe SX is referring to the so called Export transparency protocols. EU speak for export bans to prevent manufacturers from prioritising supply to customers outside the EU. It’s all here including the woefully slow pace and progress made to look like caution and care.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work...ons-and-answers-covid-19-vaccination-eu_en#17

It seems they arrived late to the party and complained there was no champagne left. Rather than get on with a nice glass of Prosecco, they proceeded to tell everyone the champagne was sour anyway and they didn’t want it. Secretly they knew they should have spent less time getting ready as they really do prefer champagne.

as a third country. The EU has no power to impose controls on the U.K. it simply restricts things it can control until the U.K. gives in

Last edited:
Well the EU has taken to attacking the UK as they have made it quite clear they are unhappy with our progress, so in order to spite us they will be stopping exports of the Pfizer vaccine

The EU has not taken to attacking the UK, that is bolox dreamt up by angry brexers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back