'Vaccine' shortage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be a tool, sx.

Have you ever seen this law? What is it?

Do you mean it has been passed by Parliament into British law?

Maybe you should try reading a little,

i wasn't talking about the UK, i was talking about the EU,

(this was the first article i came across) https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe...ze-astrazeneca-factories-20210318-p57bq7.html

Article 122 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union allows authorities to invoke sweeping powers “if severe difficulties arise in the supply of certain products”.

The clause has only been used once before for the 1970s oil crisis. The pros and cons of invoking Article 122 will be discussed at a meeting of Europe’s leaders next week.

upload_2021-3-18_8-36-29.png

As far as i'm aware the treaty is a lawful document, my term of "law" may not be 100% accurate but it was stated in a laymen's term, it's certainly not unlawful which was the original question asked.

so why dont you pipe down a bit and stop trying to be a pedantic drama queen.

Sponsored Links
If you ever learn to read carefully you'll maybe understand that I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the EU haters/'Schadenfreuders'...

Of course you are luv. :rolleyes:

. But what's your take on the UK using Indian produced 'vaccines' instead of it being used for the locals?

My 'take' is that if the 'Indians' want to sell it to others instead of giving it to their own people, why not? It wouldn’t be produced if there wasn’t a market for it would there?

Whats your take on Indian produced vaccines being sold by the Indians to other nations instead of being used on the locals?

Correct. Angry Express/Wail reading gammons.

Nutters.

How's the propaganda training going?

maybe this from your favourite rag (or do you no longer like the guardian as it is not suiting your narrative) will correct your statement.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ccine-exports-to-uk-unless-it-gets-fair-share

The UK have not blocked the export of vaccines, or the products required to make them, any reason for vaccines not leaving the UK is down to contracts with private companies and is not the business of the UK government, the UK government does not control the privately owned factories.

My 'take' is that if the 'Indians' want to sell it to others instead of giving it to their own people, why not?
So if the UK wants to sell it's 'vaccines' abroad to the detriment of it's population, that's also ok with you?

Sponsored Links
So if the UK wants to sell it's 'vaccines' abroad to the detriment of it's population, that's also ok with you?
I see what you are doing. You are twisting things and mixing up countries with companies. Are 'the UK' selling its vaccines abroad or are private companies just complying with sales orders agreed previously? Companies are free to make deals with whoever they want or are you, Mrs freedom-to-all-anti-state-control-champion, now saying that the state should take control of companies within their borders when it suits them?

I see what you are doing. You are twisting things and mixing up countries with companies. Are 'the UK' selling its vaccines abroad or are private companies just complying with sales orders agreed previously? Companies are free to make deals with whoever they want or are you, Mrs freedom-to-all-anti-state-control-champion, now saying that the state should take control of companies within their borders when it suits them?

this is the same logic the EU use,

Let us get some facts in focus:
EU have exported 10 million doses of AZ vaccine to UK

India have exported 5 million doses of AZ to UK.
That, by deduction means that UK have imported half of their vaccinations used.

UK have promised money, not vaccines, to Covax.
How that money can be spent when there is a shortage of vaccine supply is anyone's guess.

UK have not exported any vaccines.

EU have and continue to export vaccines.

EU have introduced a mechanism to ensure transparency in this export process.

India now have a production problem and the scheduled delivery of 10 million more doses to UK have been halved to 5 million.

UK now has to deliver its second doses to those that have already received their first dose.
Therefore they need an increase, perhaps by a magnitude of twice, to continue their scheduled rollout.

Some EU nations have suspended the use of AZ for three days while investigations into it use is completed. That will end today.

Everything else is simply opinions, especially the prejudicial nonsense comments.
There are some deduced arguments, conclusions and questions can be reached from the facts:

Why should EU make up UK's shortfall in AZ requirement, when EU have their own supply problems, especially from AZ?
The EU commission have moved to prevent this.

The EU nation states have more emphasis on the precautionary principle. As Paul Nurse said, unfortunately, the precautionary principle does not take into consideration the risk of not doing something, and the risk of not using the AZ vaccine may be greater than the risk of using it.
But it is a normal medial process to suspend treatment/vaccines if a problem has been suspected. Italy and Austria have had one death, Germany have had two, I believe Denmark have had one. There may be others that I do not know of off-hand.
EMA have said that the benefits outweigh the risk. But nation states are free to make their own decisions.

The UK have not exported any vaccines, not one.
They have promised money to Covax, but how that money can be used to buy vaccines, when there is a shortage of supply, is anyone's guess.
It could be described as a UK hollow gesture, by the critics, especially when UK is acquiring half of its vaccine requirement from abroad.

The UK have not blocked the export of vaccines, or the products required to make them, any reason for vaccines not leaving the UK is down to contracts with private companies and is not the business of the UK government, the UK government does not control the privately owned factories.
Precisely, the UK does not need to block the export of vaccines because its contract ensures that its requirements are met by imports of vaccines. Half of UK used doses, so far, have been imported. 10 million from EU and 5 million from India.

Precisely, the UK does not need to block the export of vaccines because its contract ensures that its requirements are met by imports of vaccines. Half of UK used doses, so far, have been imported. 10 million from EU and 5 million from India.
Well done the UK then. Perhaps the EU should have done the same?

Well done the UK then. Perhaps the EU should have done the same?
It kind of destabilises UK's argument that it has financed the production of AZ vaccines, if the vast majority of it is produced abroad.
It also raises questions about UK's argument about AZ providing the vaccine at cost to everyone, etc, if the vast majority is produced abroad.
In fact, it brings into question that UK has become involved in propaganda exercises about the AZ vaccine.
As previously mentioned, the repeated UK argument that it is donating so much money to Covax, when the acquirement of the AZ vaccine is so difficult, also becomes questionable, especially in conjunction with the knowledge that UK is not, and has not exported vaccines, and is importing vaccines.

I see what you are doing.
Finally...

Relaying the facts is I find often enlightening to those struggling to comprehend...

Slowly you will learn to follow the truth not the lies, grasshopper (y)

Not my favourite but a lot more balanced explanation than your biassed gammon drivel. They (EU) are seeking fairness and parity - gosh.

ahh the classic retort to name calling, i have come to realise this is your form of apology, so thankyou apology accepted.

The uk have not refused to send anything, it is down to the privately owned companies, so seeking fairness and parity is on this occasion is not the fault of the UK government as is being purported by the EU.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/17/europe/uk-astrazeneca-vaccine-contract-details-intl/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back