'Vaccine' shortage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
"Scathing report blasts ‘unimaginable’ £37bn cost of coronavirus test and trace system
No measurable evidence that scheme made difference in slowing progress of pandemic, cross-party committee finds"

I bet Hancock's neighbour, and former pub landlord, is glad he knows the right people, too.

But if the wealthy countries helped third world countries build local infrastructure, using aid as the means, it would reduce the dependence on buying more expensive drugs on the open market.

The old "give a man a fish" v "teach a man to fish"

Imho foreign aid should not be dependant on conditions that say, mean the recipient is forced to buy goods from the donor. It should aimed at improving local facilities to allow modernisation of local conditions.
Too much foreign aid is aimed towards ensuring (British) exports.

“The principal beneficiary of America’s foreign assistance programmes has always been the United States. Close to 80% of the US Agency for International Development’s contracts and grants go directly to American firms.”

It's called tied aid.

Sponsored Links
Yes.
But surely even if the uk (for example) funded a vaccine factory locally in say, Africa, then we could assist with the technology then leave the host nation to manufacture at far lower cost conditional with limiting supply to African markets?
Just strikes me as more sensible than making expensive vaccines and shipping them half way around the world

Even with the temporary reduction in vaccines the UK will still be doing more than any European country,and at the moment we are way ahead of schedule,the total today is rumoured to be a record amount of around 700,000.(y)

Even with the temporary reduction in vaccines the UK will still be doing more than any European country,and at the moment we are way ahead of schedule,the total today is rumoured to be a record amount of around 700,000.(y)

European governments have done a terrible job of public messaging for the vaccine and their organization of the vaccines centres has also been poor

I dont if its because we have a national health service that has helped our vaccination organization but it has been brillian -I went on Monday to Crawley hospital for the jab and it was very well set up -with a huge throughput of people

European governments have done a terrible job of public messaging for the vaccine and their organization of the vaccines centres has also been poor

I dont if its because we have a national health service that has helped our vaccination organization but it has been brillian -I went on Monday to Crawley hospital for the jab and it was very well set up -with a huge throughput of people
We made many mistakes,but this is one thing that we got right, so hopefully it will enable some sort of normality.
I had mine 2 weeks ago,and like you found the process perfect and well before my time,the uptake is lower in BAME areas,and that is one thing that needs pushing otherwise they may find themselves at risk of spreading it locally, when we return to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back