'Vaccine' shortage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What bit, exactly from ellal's post do you think he takes pleasure in others' negative consequences?

Lets play a game of guess the poster.

"But hey I'm simply looking forward to going back to the 'golden days'. Bring back rationing and hanging of hoarders in the national interest I say...Rickets, TB and Scurvy are a 'brexit bonus' apparently. But at least our private health service will be more costly at the point of use ;)"

"Of course the fact that we illegally invaded just prompted the fanatics to step up a gear... lol"

"Severing the generational link is to deny the idea of 'society', which by coincidence is what a certain old b*tch also thought, who is celebrating her 85th (and hopefully last) birthday today!"

"So maybe it's time to start thinking that I shouldn't give a f uck about the consequences for the low paid, badly educated, old/infirmed, and the generally shat on members of society. Because they (in england at least) voted for their own demise - it is their will apparently!"

"That's what the transition period is hopefully all about - let the ignorant old xenophobes/racists die off and we can check again whether the 'will of the people' has changed (y)"

"Don't you just hate it when xenophobic buffoons keep on dying and more open minded people reach voting age (y)"

"The UK is a very nasty place to be old/sick/vulnerable! But hey, it's all going to plan for the tories!

Sponsored Links
As ever, context is all. I was trying to have a civil discussion with Ellal who replied to my comment and i didn't see it until this morning.

I assume you're trying to twist this discussion into something it's not as a reaction to a discussion that ended up being about you on another thread. But i'm not going to engage with you because i don't think we're likely to agree and you'll just keep posting until i get bored and then you'll think you've 'won'.
Lmao...
TOP REPLY

"":::let the ignorant old xenophobes/racists die off and we can check again whether the 'will of the people' has changed """"(y)"
A very sensible level headed individual ..In their head only it would appear.

Sponsored Links
Did he ever say we should take it on the chin and ignore it? When?
Ministers and officials had already been meeting to discuss the virus in China - but it felt thousands of miles away. There was a "lack of concern and energy," one source tells me. "The general view was it is just hysteria. It was just like a flu."
The prime minister was even heard to say: "The best thing would be to ignore it." And he repeatedly warned, several sources tell me, that an overreaction could do more harm than good.
Even stopping shaking hands seemed a step too far for the prime minister.

Before the first major coronavirus briefing on 3 March, he had, I am told, been prepared by aides to say, if asked by journalists, people should stop shaking hands with each other - as per government scientific advice.

But he said the exact opposite. "I've shaken hands with everybody," he said, about visiting a hospital with Covid patients.
"There was a genuine argument in government, which everyone has subsequently denied," one senior figure tells me, about whether there should be a hard lockdown or a plan to protect only the most vulnerable, and even encourage what was described to me at that time as "some degree of herd immunity".

There was even talk of "chicken pox parties", where healthy people might be encouraged to gather to spread the disease. And while that was not considered a policy proposal, real consideration was given to whether suppressing Covid entirely could be counter productive.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-56361599

Ministers and officials had already been meeting to discuss the virus in China - but it felt thousands of miles away. There was a "lack of concern and energy," one source tells me. "The general view was it is just hysteria. It was just like a flu."
The prime minister was even heard to say: "The best thing would be to ignore it." And he repeatedly warned, several sources tell me, that an overreaction could do more harm than good.
Even stopping shaking hands seemed a step too far for the prime minister.

Before the first major coronavirus briefing on 3 March, he had, I am told, been prepared by aides to say, if asked by journalists, people should stop shaking hands with each other - as per government scientific advice.

But he said the exact opposite. "I've shaken hands with everybody," he said, about visiting a hospital with Covid patients.
"There was a genuine argument in government, which everyone has subsequently denied," one senior figure tells me, about whether there should be a hard lockdown or a plan to protect only the most vulnerable, and even encourage what was described to me at that time as "some degree of herd immunity".

There was even talk of "chicken pox parties", where healthy people might be encouraged to gather to spread the disease. And while that was not considered a policy proposal, real consideration was given to whether suppressing Covid entirely could be counter productive.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-56361599

campaign-compnay-e1616172677349.jpeg

I absolutely value my life and the lives of my family, friends, neighbours, or countrymen over the lives of people i've never met and have no connection with.
So you'll agree with this then?

"Rich states 'block' vaccine plans for developing nations"

"Wealthy countries - including the UK - are blocking proposals to help developing nations increase their vaccine manufacturing capabilities, documents leaked to BBC Newsnight show.
Several poorer countries have asked the World Health Organization to help them.
But richer nations are pushing back on provisions in international law that would enable them to achieve this."

Now why should that be happening?

Oh that's right...

"To make a vaccine you not only need to have the right to produce the actual substance they are composed of (which is protected by patents), you also need to have the knowledge about how to make them because the technology can be complex."

"The drug industry argues that eroding patents would hinder its ability to invest in future treatments for Covid and other illnesses."

There's big money to be made by big pharma from the 'virus'...

And all the 'viruses' to come!

I read that article and was concerned until I started reading between the lines. This isn’t Covid vaccine hoarding or nationalism (which is the claim against the US and EU as well as the U.K.). It’s much broader and really, it’s about making medicine available to poorer nations.

many in the U.K. would prefer their hard earned taxes are spent making provision for U.K. healthcare first. It’s hard to argue against that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back