Vacuum cleaner - any recommendations for a really good one?

We still have a Kirby Heritage II here, with the full kit of extras and almost unused since it was bought. It is a great machine, but proved too heavy for my partner to manage and was soon relegated to the under stair's cupboard. It cost a small fortune, too heavy for us now - I really ought to see if I can sell it on, maybe to a collector.

IIRC, they even had a dandruff attachment. For some bizarre reason, they assumed that people would vacuum their head rather than washing their hair.

Sponsored Links
IIRC, they even had a dandruff attachment. For some bizarre reason, they assumed that people would vacuum their head rather than washing their hair.

Did it? There are certainly a lot of weird and wonderful attachments with it - I dug it out after mentioning it, just to check it still worked. It does, built like a battleship. It's complete with the original manual, which might help explain some of the less obvious attachments.

Henry vacs are great - the bags are cheap and the main filter is big.

They are a bit clunky for home use but they are so simple and robust - obviously they don’t have a mechanical brush like an upright

Sponsored Links
that's a very kind offer, thank you very much. I'll reimburse postage.

Apologies for the delay. Have been working silly hours. I still have one unopened box and one that I think has had one bag removed. That should be nine bags. You are welcome to have them. PM me an address to send them to.

We have house rabbits with hay inside.

we use a shark upright with a rotary brush. It has no problem picking up hair from carpet or sucking up lumps of thick hay.

from amazon too so if any problems occur, it’s a no quibble replacement or refund.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back