vag obd bus can bus ecu remapping etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

ive no diagnostics and cant afford a snap on ethos or solus etc, are laptop software packages just as good as bosch and snap on do they do the same thing and that.

we cars we have in the house are seat, citroen and vauxhall

so i would proberbly have to look at vag-com and obd2 along with remapping for ecu.

can anyone recomend good downloadable software for all three or know of any decent brands of software
cheers

oh yeah forgot what is can bus what does it do is it same type of thing as obd etc

Sponsored Links
In E-Bay.co.uk try "VAG.COm to OBD" and it will give you a list of cables. Download the software from VAG,COM and you should be good to go. The free version will be limited to simple stuff like fault codes
This will cover all the VAG cars (Seat Etc) but nothing else.

Example only
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAG-COM-V...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2a24d46846

For more general vehicle coverage consider an OBD2 compatible fault code reader. Generally no need for remapping and the simple ones start at £50. The more you spend the more involved they are to use. Check on the box that your cars are covered.

CAN is a 2 wire communication network connecting all controllers (ECU's) in the car, allowing them to share information. All new OBD hardware/software has to be CANBus literate to fully communicate with the vehicle. Older versions of OBD scan tools only used pin 7 on the plug for communication, now they use pin 14 and pin 6 ( I think from memory).

Only trouble is, there are a least 3 CAN networks in the car, Convenience/Comfort, Infotainment and Drivetrain/Powertrain.

It gets very complicated

I think Daisy Duke, had the right idea ................
Slip in the open window?

Edit1: Good to hear you got the window sorted

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I use OP-Com for Vauxhall seems as good as the tech 2 dealer uses.
Citreon uses LEXIA
and Vag com for the Seat
all these if you get them come with there own "plug"
there is generic stuff out there but not used it before look for odb2 software

Sponsored Links
Back