vailant boiler CH fow pipe gets hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Parents had vaillant eco tec 24 pro installed, i have noticed that when the turn on the hot tap, the central heating flow pipe coming out of the boiler gets hot through the first meter of pipework, even though heating has been switched off for summer.

Does anyone know why this is happening on such a new boiler?

Sponsored Links
Would this happen to a faulty valve on a brand new boiler? Especially a vaillant? Im very dissapointed. Gona have to get vaillant to send their engineer out.

Give vaillant a ring as you will have a long warranty with them,They can sort it out for you

Sponsored Links
Sounds like valve letting bye I wonder is system clean

I had similar years ago hence never installed them again

Are the Radiators actually getting hot as well, or is it just the first metre of pipe work? if it is then what are you actually worrying about?? - heat will conduct, this does not necessarily mean there is a problem! if the rads are getting warm then yes there is a problem if not, then nothing to worry about!! ;)

As boilerman said nought to worry about heat conducts that far down the pipe,the ecotec divertors are very reliable on the newer ones

I agree!

Quite normal for heat to be conducted for a metre or so down the CH pipes.

Nothing to worry about!

Good boilers!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back