vaillant boiler frozen condensate pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i have a vaillant eco tec pro 24 if the condensate line freezes up is there a safety device in the boiler to shut it off or will it fill up the heat exchanger with condensate regards Dave

Sponsored Links
By not fire up do you mean appear completly dead other than the condensate pump trying to slowly burn itself out or is that a separate problem?

:confused:

Really sorry to bother you but i have never been on a forum before and am really sorry for jumping in to yiur conversation but Please would you be able to advise me .I have a Valiant EcoPro tech boiler, and having an couple of issues. 1st the water pressured dropped today which I subsequently topped up, then the boiler keeps locking out and now is reporting the following fault codes F28 and the display is showing S. 7. Previously it also mention running "anti cycling run"

Think we following set for resetting the anti cycling run to 10 but we are now unsure.
Any help you can offer would be grately appriciated.

Wishing you a very merry christmas

Sponsored Links
Read the above mate I have posted on ur other thread! The ecotec range will go f28 if u get a frozen condense. If you have it piped to the boiler without an air gap it will fill the heat exchange complete with water! If ur lucky an can thaw ur condense the usually fire up an dry em selves out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back