vaillant condensing boiler eco tec plus 418

even the largest of bungalows would only require in the region of 18kw as the 418 is capable of.

The range rating of the 418 will allow it to run a lower min rate than a 428.

This means that the boiler will be able to run for longer periods and not cycle as much.

Best to get your installer back. If not ring Vaillant and get them to send an engineer out.

basically more or less what he said :D Also, running an over rated boiler on a small system in worst case can give you noise, overheating and locking out issues and your boiler will be very unhappy with its flow and return temps :/
Don't bother phoning vaillant, they will not be interested in your circulation problems.
Thanks for the replies chaps.
i do understand what you said about getting an overated boiler,like being overkill for the job.
the plumber is coming up tomorrow morning.
he did put a bypass for the water to the tank,and also another pipe underneath the pump,said something about it allows the heat out of the boiler in between it going off and coming on again?
I didnt have those 2 alterations on my potterton netaheat.
the storage tank is underneath the boiler in the airing cupboard.
he said something like because the storage tank is so close to the boiler,i would only need about 10,000 btu,so i dont know if thats correct.

Sponsored Links
Probably been done correctly, but make sure the pump has been wired back to the boiler pcb.

Probably been done correctly, but make sure the pump has been wired back to the boiler pcb.
gas4you.
the pump has been wired back to boiler pcb.
the plumber came back,couldnt sort it,called out vaillant bloke.

the vaillant bloke said the boiler is okay,the heating was okay ,but not the hot water.
he said he thought it was the coil in the storage tank was probably scaled up,and wasnt letting the heat out to the water,thats why the temps on the boiler are going up to quick,then cutting off.

What i dont understand is,that i had no problems with the heating up of hot water with the potterton netaheat,before i changed to this 418 boiler.
Is that because this new boiler is more up to date?.

Sponsored Links
not really, shouldn't make that much difference.
You've probably got some kind of restriction that ideally your plumber should be investigating, there's not alot more we can do from here just guess....You need your plumber to get his @r5e in gear. If it wasn't obvious I would be checking motorised valve internals, balancing valve on cyl etc...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back