Condensate Soak away advice

Tell the installer that you want their DHMs phone number then ask him to come and inspect the work.

Tell him that you want a quality assurance engineers opinion on the install when it's done. I promise the installer will 5hit himself and it'll be done properly ;)

Sponsored Links
newgasinstaller";p="3024115 said:
But the jobs not for BG so a bit irrelevant??

It should be 500mm away from the house. the reason for using a proper soakaway or bit of soil pipe is to have the holes on the side facing away from the house ;)[/quo

the job is for BG, I am getting the boiler from british gas.

then use their complaints department

I will do, the job was done friday, but first I have to give the installer a chance to fix it, my question, is it a building regulation that condensate pipe end has to be 500mm away from the house wall.

Thank you, well it has not been installed like that, the condensate pipe goes down the wall strait in to the soil, he did put some lime chipping in the hole but that it.

Sponsored Links
and do people honestly think putting them in a tube will make any real difference at all

If you don't contain the chippings they will migrate away through the soil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back