Soak away

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi the condensate from my Keston system boiler situated in my cellar, emerges through an air vent at ground level into my garden (it's pumped via a saniflo). I want to put the condensate(32mm waste pipe), into a soakaway.
a) Is there anything that says how far away from the house the soakaway has to be situated and the depth?
b) I have seen on the internet simple designs for a diy soakaway opposed to buying a McAlpine. Will a simple 'home made' one suffice?
c) As it will be in 32mm pipe is it correct that I will not have to insulate the pipe where it is outside?
many thanks :)

Sponsored Links
manbey1 said:
Hi the condensate from my Keston system boiler situated in my cellar, emerges through an air vent at ground level into my garden (it's pumped via a saniflo). I want to put the condensate(32mm waste pipe), into a soakaway.
a) Is there anything that says how far away from the house the soakaway has to be situated and the depth?
b) I have seen on the internet simple designs for a diy soakaway opposed to buying a McAlpine. Will a simple 'home made' one suffice?
c) As it will be in 32mm pipe is it correct that I will not have to insulate the pipe where it is outside?

a) 500mm away from building probably similar depth
b) dont see why not, but why not just use the proper one anyway?
c) correct

rob884 said:
manbey1 said:

a) 500mm away from building probably similar depth
b) dont see why not, but why not just use the proper one anyway?
c) correct

And use limestone chippings to reduce the Ph level to something more neutral

some boiler manuals have the spec's and design in them

if you making it you self i would make 1m away from the house with the hole facing away from the house

Sponsored Links
rob884 said:
manbey1 said:

c) correct

As always check MI's for boiler. Alpha now require them to be insulated. Other manufacturers may also.

I asked my corgi inspector if this was now the standard. What do you think his reply was? "Check MI's"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back