Vailant boiler woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a property with a valiant boiler turbomax 2004 model it did not work as the property was empty for a while.

The valiant engineer changed the fan and the flow sensor for the hot water this seemed to work ok but it kepped losing water from the pressure relief pipe.

2nd visit they topped up the air chamber as he said it was dumping the water out. fault F28 was showing

3rd visit the pressure relief valve was changed fault F28 also checked the gas pressure and all seemed ok again.

went home last weekend and found the electric circuit was tripped with all my food defrosted in the freezer. Turned it back on to find the boiler with fault F28 again.

What could be causing this?. have to call them out again.

Should I put in a new electrical circuit from the fusebox to the boiler?.

Sponsored Links
F28 has nothing to do with the parts that have been replaced.

It is very common for this to be caused by the minimum burner pressure being too low, or the flame detection electrode needing to be adjusted.

F28 shouldn't cause the consumer unit to trip as far as I can tell :confused:

just keep calling them back, repair is guaranteed; IF there is an underlying electrical problem that causes it, they will tell you.

Sponsored Links
Update engineer come today and changed the gas valve. It was full of deposits. He said this was from the gas pipework. All working ok again for now. Very happy thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back