Vailant Ecotech 831 and mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Done a quick search on this and struggling a little to understand what i should be looking for.

I have just had the Vailant installed, and want to now fit a new shower.

I need (i believe) a thermostatic mixer shower. The vailant apparantly delivers 12.7 ltrs/min at 35 degrees.

When i choose a shower what should i be asking / checking that it will suit the boiler. I know i have "good" cold water mains pressure.

thanks for any help...

Sponsored Links
The boiler raises 12.7 li/min by 35°C.

Most showers will work as long as they dont need a flow rate of over about 10 li/min. Please realise that a combi only delivers hot water to one outlet at a time so if anyone else turns on a tap etc. it may affect the shower.

I dont likel thermostatic showers on combis as they can sometimes interact with the boiler but thats not such a common problem with the latest boilers.

A good combi will control the output temperature within +/- 1°C when its operating within its capabilities.

Tony

Thanks,

So i don't have to have the thermostatic function......?

I guess my new boiler is a "good" combi ?

:confused:

A Vaillant? Good? - I swear by them. would fit no other given the choice.

Others may well swear at them.

DH

Tony at Agile has a point about marrying a thermo shower to older 'non - modulating' combi's, which can bring about a real hot-cold-hot-cold ahower experience, yours however should be fine, just make sur the shower valve isolation valves are 'full-bore' to maximise the flow to the valve itself.

Sponsored Links
I always fit the Mira Excel on the rare occasions that I fit showers to combi's.

Never had any so called problems.

As long as it is a mains pressure, or rated for combi, fit what you want.

Got to agree with DNH.Installers are leaving Vaillant because of their customer service.Having looked inside Broag and Viessmann of late,Vaillant are far better engineered boilers.Still my choice of boiler and a doddle to fit.

the ecotec 831 is our most common fit and despite what agile says will deliver good hot water to a shower and other outlets simultainiously

the mixer shower must be suitable for mains pressure.

B&Q sell a reasonable quality "Gainsborough" exposed valve shower if your budget is tight

we have fitted a couple one with an 831 and another with a Halstead Eden.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back