Valiant Ecotech 831 and mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Roper Rhodes mixer shower has 1/2" connections for hot and cold....

Hot from boiler is 22mm, cold to old electric shower is 15mm.

Am i Ok to reduce the hot feen down to 15mm ?

thanks in advance.... :)

Sponsored Links
Are you sure the HW from the boiler is 22mm?

I've plumbed up 2 x 824 and 1 x 831 in the last year and they're all 15mm iirc.

If however the pipework at the shower is 22mm then it will work OK but the HW will take an age to get to the shower and effectively waste a lot of HW.

as tipper says, you should only run 15mm from the HW outlet on a combi as 22mm creates to fast a flow through the heat exchanger and your water will not get to temp.

Sorry Morris that's the biggest load of ****** I have heard ffs! It doesn't matter to the flow rate through boiler what size pipe goes in or out as it's restricted in the boiler to give correct flow rate

Sponsored Links
bunnyman is talking crap. anybody who knows what they are talking about ( which he does not ) knows 15mm from combi, why do all combis have a 15mm hot water flow from them fitted by manufacturer, the fact that he has to be aggressive in his comment shows he has no idea, moron, thought i'd follow his tact

Blimey Morris don't take it personal! Just think about what u say before u give advice, u could fit a bloody 4inch pipe from the Combi to the outlet it don't mean u gonna get 50gallon a minute lol! If u measure at the outlet u will get whatever the flow limiter in the Combi is set at whether it's 15 mm 22mm or whatever
if ur an RGI join us in the combustion chamber an we will help u out

Using 15mm or 22mm pipe on the hot outlet of a combi has NO bearing on the flowrate. The only problem with 22mm pipe is the volume of water in the pipework that has to be displaced by the hot water leaving the boiler. The problem is the hot water 'tunnels' down the centre of the 22mm pipe leaving a cold water 'skin' to mix with the hot water leading to a longer delay for usable hot water at the tap.

With 15mm pipe this effect is minimal.

The flowrate on combination boilers is regulated by the manufacturers by way of a flow governor/restrictor.

By the way Bunnyman offers a wealth of experience on Vaillant boilers, check out his thanks...

The bunnyman is "the daddy". :cool:

Morris you are a chump. :LOL:

Morris you are a clown - if you think thats how combi's work, back to college young man :rolleyes:

Jesus, what is it with Rabbits and Morris dancers when the snowdrops come up. too much testosterone I think.... Calm down boys and err.. Bunnies,, :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back