Vaillaint Turbomax 24e and a Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I brought my first house in the summer and am in my first winter paying the bills.

I know didly squat about CH and am in disbelief on how much my gas bill is going to be this month for having the heating on for 6.5 hours a day (about £100 for the month)

Afore mentioned boiler (9 Years old) using the time clock on the boiler itself.

9 rads in 3 bed semi split as follows all with TRV's on.
2 Liv room (double panel) = TRV on 3
2 Kitchen (double panel) = TRV on 2
1 hallway (Double Panel) = TRV on 3
1 Bathroom (single panel) = TRV on 2
3 Bedroom (single panel) = TRV on 1

My friend mentioned to me that aswell as the timer on the boiler to also invest in a digital room thermostat and place it in the living room to control the heating a little better and in conjunction with the rad stats that should help keep the cost down a little as it will be more efficient to get the room most in to temp rather tham the whole house!

My questions:

a) Is this good advice?

b) Does anybody know what kind/type of room stats are compatable with this particualr boiler?
I prefer a programmable digital 1 - but 12v Network, 230v? I really dont understand these things.

c) Will i see much return on boiler efficiency, thus £, with 1 of these installed in my lounge?

I thank anybody in advance for their time and input.

Kind Regards

• • • • • • ¾ •

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back