Vaillant EcoTEC 924 and Honeywell CM921 Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All...

I currently have a Vaillant EcoTEC 824 combi boiler fitted wit TRV's installed on all the rads. I've noticed lately that the boiler seems to be running continuously, even though the TRV's are set a desired level. I've also just had my latest gas bill and for the last two months I've used almost £400 worth of gas!!!

Therefore, I've come to the conclusion that I need to install a room thermostat so that when the ACTUAL room temperature I want is reached the boiler shuts down for a period of time rather than keep on running.

I've been recommended to get the Honeywell CM921 wireless thermostat but would like the following clarification:

1. I know the thermostat wireless reciever needs to be hard-wired to the boiler using boiler terminal 3, 4 and 5, but which teminals on the thermostat do these correspond too?

2. Many websites advise not to have a TRV's fitted on rads in the same room as the thermostat? Is this true as surely if the TRV's are set to the highest setting the thermostat will switch off the system before the TRV has chance to conflict with it???

3. Is there an easy way to remove or better still disable a TRV?

Many thanks for any advise!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back