Vaillant 424 open vent ,pump over run.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just installed my boiler with the nest thermostat,the pump is connected directly into the boiler,
My problem is the pump is running after the default setting on the boiler,ie;pump is running almost constantly,has anyone had this problem.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean you’ve fitted a nest to your boiler, or a nest with a new boiler?

Something is keeping the pump overrun on. How was the nest connected at the boiler end? 240 or 24v?

Sponsored Links
I previously removed the link,with what I thought no change,I must have been too impatient doh,
I have removed the link now all seems ok
Thanks both for your input

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Your pump will overrun at a set time period (usually by the boiler) to dissipate any heat from a hot water or heating demand. So it could have been coincidence at the time of removing the link?

Your pump will overrun at a set time period (usually by the boiler) to dissipate any heat from a hot water or heating demand. So it could have been coincidence at the time of removing the link?
Yes I think you are right ,I was too impatient,at the time I was having problems with the nest ,im on my 3rd nest and this one works yeh

Ok, hot water timed for 17hr this evening,boiler didn't fire nest room stat set at 30deg,to force boiler to fire,boiler didn't fire ,S30 indicated (no call for heat ,)
This is with the 24v link removed,
Pump connected directly to X14 on boiler.
Am I missing something hear

Have you connected the switched live from the zone valve/s to the 240v RT connection ?

Have you connected the switched live from the zone valve/s to the 240v RT connection ?
Is this the connection you mean 20210804_212220.jpg

No the pump is connected to x14 on the board.
Should the pump be connected as per diagram

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back