Vaillant 824 hot water temperature!

Sponsored Links
Why don't you just fit a TMV3 mixer to the bath instead of trying to alter the combi? This is the prescribed way of doing things -surely?

...because he hasn't got a cold mains supply at the bath.
Back to basics... :rolleyes:

Modifying the appliance is daft. If they get scalded you get roasted.

Sponsored Links
Well Vaillant replied after three days but dont seem to know the minimum temperature and gave a reply which was not correct and was irrelevant.

A further enquiry for the right info has not been replied to yet.

However, the landlord is pressing me to improve the situation.

Since the tenants are being scalded now then any reduction in temperature will be a benefit.

Tony

But if you alter it and they get scalded, you're responsible, which you aren't at the moment, however much the landlord tries to tell you that you are.

I am surprised the post is now on page 2. Tony you might want to get a piece of paper and calculate equivalent resistance when you introduce a resistor in parallel with thermistor.

I would have thought connecting the mains to the boiler will have the desired effect. I suspect the water is too hot because the flow rate might not be adequate.

No, I think you have missed the point Danny.

The boiler is already correctly mains fed but its only the cold in the bathroom which is tank fed and therefore unable to be used to mix with the boiler's hot.

The flow rate is about 7-9 li/min from the shower but I need the boiler to be controlling the shower temperature at about 37-40°.

Vaillant dont seem able to be able to tell me the controlled outlet temperature on minimum knob setting. Assuming the boiler is working correctly the design is not very user friendly if its still too hot to use for a shower without adding CW.

I approximate the resistances in parallel in my head.

Tony

Seems to me the only proper answer is to change bath cold feed to mains.

Should be a simple job just linking the cold mains to the tank ball valve to the cold outlet to the bath :rolleyes:

If you piddle about with resistors etc what is going to happen to the other taps hot water temp?

824 will produce hot water at around 10l/ minute. This is at mains pressure. There is a good chance the mains pressure hot water will reduce the cold (cistern fed) water flow even more.

Cannot see how Vaillant CAN tell you what your temperature of hot water should be as they would not know temperature of cold water into the boiler. Water in my area can vary from 3 to 20

You might want to calculate resistance to see the net effect

Actually, to be pedantic the 824 does not manage that flow rate. You have quoted the equivalent flow rate at 35 deg delta T.

Just over 8 litres is what you would expect to see coming out of an 824 model, as it is set up for 42C Delta T.

Law of physics will never change. You can package it anyway you want, but undressed it will always be different.

There was a time when some makers were saying their boiler could deliver 20l of hot water (be it at temperature rise of 25 degrees C), while others (as you have stated) might say their boiler will provide 8. Makers then seemed to have got their act together to specify flow rate at 35 degree reference temperature. This reference level allowed one and all to compare specification.

As far as I am concerned, 24 kw boiler will always provide 9.5l of water at 35 degrees temperature rise.

http://www.intatec.co.uk/pdf/Intaduo DS.pdf

All the Inta range of thermostatic bath/shower mixers are suitable for installation on
all types of plumbing systems, including gravity supplies, fully pumped, fully
modulating combination boiler, unvented water heater and unbalanced supplies i.e.
Cold Mains & Tank Fed Hot. They are not suitable for non-modulating combination
boilers. For optimum performance we recommend balanced pressures.

http://www.intatec.co.uk/Products/intaduo.asp

I would be looking at this valve for their bath supply and not messing with the boiler.

Agile said:
24hrs on and I have not had any reply from Vaillant yet!

It`s unusual that a multi- billion dollar company would refuse your call.

Thats not very encouraging!

Well, you know what to do. Don`t buy a shedload of their **** boilers, hit them where it hurts. :rolleyes:

Although I dont need it

Technical support? Funny that, you are never off the Net telling everyone how much you are on to the Manufacturers. Try reading this post. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back