Vaillant 828/2e stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys!

My boiler, which I inherited with the recently purchased flat, stopped working. The symptoms are as follows, in the order advised by the site's team:

1) Boiler make / model (gas or oil) - Vaillant 828/2e.

2) What is / is not happening. - Boiler stopped heating water at all, the display shows F.25 and no-ignite sign. Pressure in the lock-out mode is approx. 0.2 bar. When I press the reset button it drops immediately to zero and recovers to 0.2 in a few seconds but the boiler fails to heat water and ignite.

3) Has ANYTHING else been done or changed recently. - CORGI guy came in and reconnected gas, flushed water through the boiler and the system. Hot water was running through the tap

4) When did the problem start? - I decided to turn on the radiators approximately four hours after engineer's visit and put the switch for heating into "winter" position. Radiators heated up a little and then cooled down.

5) When does it happen? eg, heating coming on or going off. -

6) Anything else you feel may be of relevance. - The boiler had been shut down and no water in the system for half a year before it was turned on as the flat was a repossession. CORGI guy came in, installed the gas meter and then inspected the boiler.

I would be enormously grateful if someone had similar experience and is able to share the solution/share thoughts on this.

Many thanks in advance,

Alex

Sponsored Links
F.24 Water level low Pump obstructed, pump running at lower capacity,
Temperature rises too fast ir in appliance, system pressure too low,

Might just need bleeding rads and represurising heating system up to approx 1bar

Just re-pressurise boiler to 1.2 Bar cold, bleed all rads, then check pressure again and top up if necessary.

You may have to bleed rads again in 3-4 days, then check pressure again.

Did your gas man add inhibitor to the system first?

Many thanks, guys!

I'm quite a newbie so will read the FAQ and do my homework re what repressurising is.

The only thing that concerns me now, if I do the repressurising thing etc - what are the chances it happens again?

Alex

Sponsored Links
Dave, thanks for detailed advice!

Apparently, no. He was asked to inspect the meter and boiler but he def didn't pour anything into the boiler/system.

How does it help in brief, pardon my ignorance?

Thanks,

Alex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back