Vaillant 835 update!

P

peter1450

Sorry to add a new post but the last one has just got lost down the list with no solutions found yet :(
Have a ecomax 835/2E currently no hot water and the heating comes on but only a few of the rads closest too the boiler start to get warm.
Have started the boiler in the purge mode as suggested by a forum member, and changed the diverter valve as suggested by (Vaillant tech).
Having now read the manual there is a diagnostic mode that lets you know if the diverter is operating or not , so why didn,t the Vaillant tech people offer this advice rather than telling my engineeer to fit the valve when there appears to be nothing wrong with the old one !!
Having looked back at previous posts on the forum i decided to change the 3X temperature sensors( NTC 1.2 and 3) as these seem to be a common and relatively cheap fault ,but the fault is exactly the same.
Boiler fires and runs but does not get hot in heating mode, as soon as i switch to DHW the boiler shuts down and shows S53, ( delay mode due to lack of water in system).
This after having purged the system and i have checked to see if the pump impeller is spinning freely.
Any more suggestions. as i can't afford to have an engineer out who only seem to repair by replacing parts on a trial and error system, plus her indoors is moaning as its got pretty cold here in Bristol the last couple of evenings!!
Regards Pete.

Sponsored Links
You should always post on the original thread so we can read the full history. A new posting will bring it to the top of the list.

In Bristol you could have chosen an excellent engineer like Chris Hutt who posts on here.

You seem to have chosen a parts changer with no diagnostic skills!

There are several reasons for a lack of flow, blocked or faulty pump, actual blockage, restricted flow in plate HE or heating system etc.

A competent engineer would usually simply identify which by a thermal survey and if necessary inspection of the pump impeller.

I would suggest you contact Chris via his profile on here.

Tony

The diagnostic will say where the valve should be according to the boiler's brain- but it won't know that it hasn't got there, which may explain Vaillant Tech's advice.

brentwoodheating said:
The diagnostic will say where the valve should be according to the boiler's brain- but it won't know that it hasn't got there, which may explain Vaillant Tech's advice.

Vaillant tech advice often does not seem to have much brain either!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replys............how do i find someone via their profile?
Boiler guy who was reccomended to me has his phone switched off ( is someone trying to tell me something)!!
Getting difficult to use the keyboard its freezing in here :) Any help much appreciated.Cheers Pete.

Agile said:
brentwoodheating said:

Vaillant tech advice often does not seem to have much brain either!

Thats because most of it has been handed over to Glow Worm Muppetts :rolleyes:

Agile said:
In Bristol you could have chosen an excellent engineer like Chris Hutt who posts on here.
Er...thanks Tony. That's a lot to line up to. Peter1450, if you click on my name over on the left you'll see my profile which should include my email address. I tend to focus on west Bristol and I'm pretty busy at the moment, but I like a challenge.

I'd still go with pump even though impellor is spinning. This proves nothing really other than impellor is free. Doesn't mean it is circulating.

Hi Dave
Can you explain in more detail please? Excuse my ignorance, but if the impellor is spining freely why would it not circulate the water?
Cheers Pete.

The most common cause is bits of dirt have blocked the inlet of the impeller.

Just because the shaft is spinning it does not mean that the impeller is spinning! Sometimes the impeller comes off the shaft !!!

Tony

Taken the pump off and took a look inside,impeller spinning freely on shaft and not broken in any way,is there any way the electrics on the pump could be faulty?
If you do the old fashioned screwdriver too the ear test it sounds like its spinning but all the diagnostic codes are pointing towards it! Don't really want to spend £100 on a trial and error basis.............any other pointers?
Cheers Pete.

And the inlet was not blocked?

Did you do the finger test to measure the torque?

You could also measure the 2.6 µF capacitor !

Tony

Why do all you chaps resort to taking the ****? Just because i'm not a "boiler expert" does't mean i'm stupid!!
What exactly is the use of this forum? Is it not for advice or just so you lot can take pleasure in keeping us at the mercy of plumbers/boiler engineers who like us to wait in all day and then don't turn up?

Thanks for your constructive advice,Pete.

Is it not for advice or just so you lot can take pleasure in keeping us at the mercy of plumbers/boiler engineers who like us to wait in all day and then don't turn up?
Peter, you were referred to a local engineer in earlier posts but declined to respond in any way. That's your choice but don't then slag us off for not turning up! :evil:

You apparently engaged an inadequate engineer to change the diverter when it was working correctly.

Next you replaced the temperature sensors. With the symptoms you describe that was a good advice.

However, a competent engineer changing the sensors would use heat transfer paste. Did you do that?

You were advised that Chris Hutt here is a competent but you did not call him. Obviously thats your choice but thats why your boiler is not working properly yet!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back